Note: To access the mentioned blogs just click on the respective logo.
The following great list of free BOM tutorials was submitted by one of our readers, Dolores, of True Blue Canadian.
1. Chatham/Kent Quilt Guild has an interesting BOM - check the left-hand frame.
2. Quiltecke is a blog written in both German and English and this year the owner is featuring a “houses” theme. She does embroidery and patchwork. Dolores made her Flowers BOM quilt a couple of years ago and felt it was a nice change.
3. Craftsy has one. You add it to your account, but when you check out it is free. These are demonstrated in video format.
4. Sulky is featuring a “sewing” theme.
5. Quilter Val Laird has one that is stitching mixed with piecing.
6. Dolores points out “If someone is looking for embroidered letters, Jenny has one a week - on Mondays. Scroll down for Monogram Mondays”
Following is a picture of a few of the letters she has made. Pitcher Source: Jenny’s blog
7. Fat Cat patterns is featuring owl patterns for the months of February to August 2013.
Thank-you Dolores for a great, great list. I checked each blog as I snipped the logos and I’m thinking about going back to review a few of my favorites. I particularly like the Monogram Mondays as these could add a little flair to a pieced quilt.